Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot display texbox using conditional show

Hello All,

I an having an issue to display a texbox based on a value when using the 'conditional' option. In fact when I test the texbox in a new qvw, the conditional show works perfectly fine but when I try the same conditional expression in my qvw(current application), the texbox doesn't dissapear or appear when I use the 'conditional show'. I find it very strange and I am not able to detect where could be the problem.

Can you please advise where could be the problem?

Thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

This may be completely off the mark, but have you made sure that the "show all" option is not turned on? You toggle "show all" on and off using Ctrl-Shift S. With "show all" on, conditional display of sheets and object is ignored.

This has fooled me once before when all the objects were displaying and ignoring the conditional display. And the "show all" state seems to get saved with the QV document.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

13 Replies
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

Hi dallon. can you post your qvw? you can reduce data and post the empty qvw.

Best Regards - Peyman

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try putting your conditional show expression as the expression in a seperate text box to see what it returns.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peyman,

You will find attached the test qvw where the condition for displaying/hiding the textbox is working fine. When you change sheet, the condtion becomes 0 and qlikview hides the textbox 'testing' and when you click on clear button, the value of the texbox changes to 1 and it makes the texbox 'testing' appear again. When I use the same condition in my application, the condition for displaying/hiding the textbox doesn't work.

Can you please tell me what could be the problem?

Thx

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

You will find attached the test qvw where the condition for displaying/hiding the textbox is working fine. When you change sheet, the condtion becomes 0 and qlikview hides the textbox 'testing' and when you click on clear button, the value of the texbox changes to 1 and it makes the texbox 'testing' appear again. When I use the same condition in my application, the condition for displaying/hiding the textbox doesn't work.

Can you please tell me what could be the problem?

Thx

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Have you same Triggers in the other application? “OnActivateSheet” Set Variabel Test to 0

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Maybe be a bug.

I inserted the same condition when switching from tab to change the value of "Test" variable to 0 and started to function normally.

Try put in your tab "Sheet1" the some trigger used on tab "Main"

After this the parameter "Show" of object was OK

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

Hi dallon,

i mean by example the qvw with problem 🙂

what that i can say at the moment is the layering problem. right click on sheet name and open sheet properties. then find the text box in sheet objects and then qlik on properties. on layout tab of textbox's properties set the layer of textbox to custom and give it a high number like 100. then check the process again. i guess that the text box is under another object and hiden. also check the x and y cordination of it.

-best Regards - Peyman

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have the same trigger in the otjer application

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have put the same trigger in 'Sheet1' but the problem still persists.