Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot open Project. "Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number......"

I am encountering problem while opening important qvw files i have created in my computer. I am getting a message saying  "Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number......".

I have encountering this problem since i downloaded qvw file from the forum and opened it. Can anyone please help me how to reset my installation (I am using version 12.0.20000.0 64 bit).

jtg‌ i have tried to send you a private message but was unable to send  msg. i would be grateful if yop can please help to sort this.

Regards,

Karthik

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Karthik,

Its not possible now. Because you are not using the license version and free version has a limitation where you can open the application which other user only 3 times.

You may try this at your own risk.

Uninstall QlikView and remove registry and then reinstall again.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thank you for your reply, But the application i am trying to open is the one's i created in my computer.

Regards,

KK

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

When you open a document from outside your computer, the internal key switches to that from the internal computer. If you then open a document from your own PC, it will see that as opening a document from (yet) another computer.

My guess is that you have opened documents from 4 different sources.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

That is correct i have downloaded a qvw doc from one of the forums and opened it in my computer.

As far as i remember i have used all my  limitations few months ago.

Nevertheless  why isn't my PE allowing me to open my own documents i created in my computer?

Regards,

KK

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Because you opened documents from other sources.

Every time you open a document from a different source, you get a popup that informs you about it. It is considered a "recovery attempt" as if you are trying to "recover" your own document made on a different PC.

This popup also lists the number of recovery attempts.

When you "recover" a document, the internal key get changed to the key related to the document you just opened. Documents made on another PC, or in this case your own PC, have a different internal key and as such are seen as 3rd party documents.

Your PE only allows you to open your "own" documents. I think that is clearly stated in the related PE license. You have used your recovery attempts for opening documents not being your own. The result is that you can now no longer open your actual own documents.

Solution:

Buy a license or (assuming your office / boss / customer has a server) lease a license from a server you work for/at.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you and it is clear for me. Yes we do have a licence provided by a 3rd party vendor and we have been  chasing our 3rd party vendor to give us an access. The issue is our QV server is located in their network and only one developer can RDP to that server. We are struggling to resolve that issue.

Anyway, thank you okg for explaining how PE licensing works.

Regards,
Karthik

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Check if you have a NAMED CAL assigned to you. Next, check / ask if "license lease" is enabled. If the server is yours and you are paying for it, simply tell them to turn that feature on if they didn't.

Assume the above, what you do is "lease a license" from the server, which effectively means "license your local client with your NAMED CAL". To do so, you need to "open a document in server" (look for this option in your file menu in your local client). If you have the address of the server, you might be able to check / do this without having to ask the 3rd party who is hosting your server.