Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Capturing the sorted column in a table

I have a table having multiple columns with 'interactive sort' as 'on'. Now I also have placeholders wherein I show data of Top1/Top2/Top3/Top5 Customers based on selection (please see the attached QVW). But these place holders show data correctly only if the table is sorted on Market column.

Is there a way to physically capture which column is the table being currently sorted on so that data in placeholders be correctly shown?

Also is there any other way to achieve the functionality so that data can be shown correctly with interactive sort on?

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at below post.

http://community.qlik.com/message/207827#207827

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

The link you shared has contains how to use set analysis to get sum based on ranking of an expression which I have have already used. But in my case the expression on which I have to rank should change based on column I am sorting. I want to identify a way by which I could dynamically change the ranking expression by capturing the column I am sorting on.

Thanks

Himanshu Gupta

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi.

If you have what news with Qlikview.qvw file

then go through the sales reps tab

Regards

ASHFAQ