Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Case Sensitive Table and Column Names

Hi

I have multiple versions of a database having different case of column and table names. I want to use single model for all, but Qlik View is case sensitive

I used Force Case Lower, it worked fine but is also Lowered the case of my data.

I there any solution for that.

Regards

Rizwan

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rizwan,

QlikView standard is to convert all your data to upper case. Which in your case will work fine for you.

Regards,
Marius

marcus_sommer

You could use for this MAPPING and the RENAME-statement - in help and here in forum are examples for this.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I think I am unable to clear my question. Let me rephrase it

I am working on a Product (our local ERP)

We have many clients using our ERP. We want to build a data model on Qlik View for our different customers.

In database I have one table si_customergroup having a field name cstg_code as primary key.

In few databases the above mentioned is SI_CustomerGroup and fields name is cstg_Code

When I Reload it executed fine on one, but gives error on other.

I have used Force Case Lower command and it worked perfectly fine, but it is also changing case of my data to lower case which I do not want.

Regards

Rizwan

marcus_sommer

You couldn't it load in one load. You need either several loads with manually adjustments (field1 as FIELD1) or per mapping and rename (it's recommend if you have many tables/fields) or you must create a variable load-statement in a loop (it's not trivial).

- Marcus