Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Cell background in a straight table

Hi,

I have a straight table and I want to colour the "axis headers" which I cannot do via the properties dialog. I can do it via the context-menu "cell format" where I can set a cell background. This, however, is quite pale in my table, not at all a solid, covering colour like I have defined.

What can I do to change that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

7 Replies
Not applicable

whats wrong with custom format cell?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi tjetjetje,

I can right-click on the cells and select "cell format", is that what you mean?

I can do that - but then the cell background appears quite pale and I don't know the reason. Does anything else affect that? Does that setting interact with the table design ("design" tab of the properties dialog) or with the level (foreground/ background)?

If I compare the cell background set in that table e.g. with a textbox I have positioned above the table, which is in the same colour, and while the textbox is a nice, opaque red, the cell background in the table is something pink-ish...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Im not sure - i havent tested it, but it sound changes.

Yeah - Right click. select Custom format cell, then you can color the header or a single cell if you want.

I think mine looks quite allright though

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi tjetjetje,

I thought so - it seems that the cell formatting interacts with some other setting, but I cannot quite tell which - maybe the level on which the entire object is placed (foreground, background, middle) or the selected table design.

What are your settings in that respect?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Yeah - it does interact with the design of the entire object: There you can set the cell_background_transparency and the cell_separator_transparency. The former must be set to 0%, then the cell background is nice and opaque.

This is solved then - now I can get rid of half the nr. of textboxes I have used to make it look right. Gr8!

Not applicable

Hmm wish i could upload a document.. Do you know where i can do so? Cause then you can look into my settings urself and compare.

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Friedrich,

Will you please try once by going into the

Document Properties > Genral Tab > Styling Mode (Choose Advance)

I hope it will work.

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Advait,

this is solved - the relevant setting is on the "design" tab. Can you tell me what exactly is the option "user-defined" in the design dropdown box? When does it appear and why can't I select it from the start?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler