Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change missing values as "0"

Hi Guys,

I'm with the following problem: 2 tables are linked and if some register is missing in one of the tables no value is returned. But i need to obtain "0" as value in this case.

For example:

TableA:

LOAD

DATA,

TIPO,

Sum(DURACAO) as Total_Sum

Resident

Table_BASE1

Group by

DATA, TIPO;

TableB:

OUTER JOIN(TableA)

LOAD

DATA,

TIPO,

Count(CHAMADAS) as Total_Count

Resident

Table_BASE2

Group by

DATA, TIPO;

The entire record is missing in "TableB". But i need to associate the value of the sum "Total_Sum" from "TableA" that the fact all records exists, with the values of the Count at "TableB" to calculate the correct average for the last 12 months.

The problem is that if the entire record is missing in "TableB", no data is returned and i need to obtain "0" as value in this situation.

Can anybody suggest a solution to this problem?

Thanks

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anderson

Instead of joining could you use the ApplyMap() function ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Bill, i am trying to use this function, but i have a problem with my primary key and group by selections during the load.

Now, my question is: How can i populate all null values of the field with "0"? Any suggestion?

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You may use the alt() function that accepts two arguments. It returns the first arg if it not empty, it return the second argument if the first arg is empty.

You can also use sth like: if(isnull(....), ....)

Fabrice

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Assuming you want to do this in the load script, and apply map is not right for your requirement (I see a full outer join in your script), then you will need to do a second pass through the table:

Table_A1:

LOAD

DATA,

TIPO,

If(Len(Total_Count) = 0, 0, Total_Count) As Total_Count,

If(Len(Total_Sum) = 0, 0, Total_Sum) As Total_Sum

Resident

Table_A

DROP Table_A;

Or, more efficiently:

Alt(Total_Count, 0) As Total_Count

Alt(Total_sum, 0) As Total_Sum

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, but both methods is not working yet.

Here i have a success result, because when i select the date its possible to obtain the "Css_Total" and "Cyl_Total".

Success.png

And here i have an error result, because when i select the date, i don't have any "Css_Total" associated. This is my problem, i need to obtain "0" as value in this case.

Error.png

Can anybody suggest another solution for this problem?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, but both methods is not working yet.

Here i have a success result, because when i select the date its possible to obtain the "Css_Total" and "Cyl_Total".

Success.png

And here i have an error result, because when i select the date, i don't have any "Css_Total" associated. This is my problem, i need to obtain "0" as value in this case.

Error.png

Can you suggest another solution for this problem?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Did you or anyone find a solution to this problem. I have the same problem in pivot table. I have to change the color of some dimensions in pivot table but there are missing values associated with those dimensions and I searched some solutions but no luck yet. And I could use any of script side or front end solution. I also want to replace the missing values with any dummy value so that I can avoid the color problem. If anyone has found a solution to this please share it.