Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change textbox dimensions

Hello,

This is surely a very simple question, but I was not able to find a thread about it... I would like to add a textbox to my first document, but I seem to be unable to change its length and height.

I'm sorry, the following screenshot is in French, but basically, I right-click on the textbox, choose Properties, go to the last tab and change width ("Largeur") and height ("Hauteur") at the bottom left.

Textbox_properties.png

But when I apply the changes, nothing happens. My textbox only contains three words, so I'm sure that I'm missing something there, but I don't see what exactly.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could be a bug. If I create a text box it's 144x144. If I change the Width and Height on the Caption tab to 288 x 288 the text box is resized to 205x154. Next I resize the text box once using the mouse. The settings on the Caption tab reflect the new size correctly. After this mouse-resize action it is now possible to use the Width and Height settings on the Caption tab to resize the text box correctly. So it looks like the text box doesn't resize correctly until it's resized once by mouse.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could be a bug. If I create a text box it's 144x144. If I change the Width and Height on the Caption tab to 288 x 288 the text box is resized to 205x154. Next I resize the text box once using the mouse. The settings on the Caption tab reflect the new size correctly. After this mouse-resize action it is now possible to use the Width and Height settings on the Caption tab to resize the text box correctly. So it looks like the text box doesn't resize correctly until it's resized once by mouse.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I just tried this, and yes, I need to resize the textbox by mouse before I am able to change the width and height settings.

Weird, but thank you for the help.

Not applicable
Author

Not working for me, I am unable to change the text box width using the mouse, and like Julien mention when I do re-adjust the box using the properties Qlik ignore my change and reset the box back to its default size.

Not applicable
Author

Are you working with the conception grid on? I wasn't able to resize the textbox with the mouse with the grid off.

Not applicable
Author

If you go to Layout Tab and unselect "Size to data" you will be able to adjust

4-11-2013 12-10-56 PM.png