Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II

Changing Server Name

Dears,

Good day and i hope you can help me on this :

i have win server 2012 and i changed the server name from BI ti QVBI and i do the restart after that all QV services has disconnected (Down) else one service( QMS) because it's changed .

the (QVWS, QVS, DSC) still not changed to the new name QVBI; how can i change it .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can try to open the QMC.

If it opens, you should go to Last tab which is System -> Setup

Here you will see various things like QlikView Server, Disrectory Connector, Web Server.

You need to click on each of this and go to General Tab. Here you will see a link..

In this link you will see that server name is BI, change it to QVBI click on apply.

Do this for all services.

Once done, restart the services.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can try to open the QMC.

If it opens, you should go to Last tab which is System -> Setup

Here you will see various things like QlikView Server, Disrectory Connector, Web Server.

You need to click on each of this and go to General Tab. Here you will see a link..

In this link you will see that server name is BI, change it to QVBI click on apply.

Do this for all services.

Once done, restart the services.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Kaushik it is work now is UP,

but one more question; i use 10 user call but actually the allocated user call for the document is 9 and there is one is missing i remember there is a way to see which user has been remove by mistake; any idea about this.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not aware of how to check which User licenses are removed.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much;

i thought you have any idea if there is a user removed by mistake and i need to know that user to assign it again, i remember we can get it from the configuration file but i can't find that file,

anyway thank you for your help .

Anonymous
Not applicable

• Stop Qlikview services under services.msc
  • Backup Qliktech folder under ProgramData
  • Use Qlik powertools. Use XMLdbViewer's search and replace to replace servername with friendly name
  • update servername to friendly name on below files

/ProgramData/Qliktech/ManagementService/config.xml

/ProgramData/Qliktech/DistributionService/configuration.xml

/ProgramData/Qliktech/DistributionService/registration.xml

• Start Qlikview services

Note: Qlikview Management service name is not updated and it defaults too Machine Name or name provided during install