Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Character limit for a SET command in an INCLUDE file?

Hi,

I am again struggling with an issue I had some time ago:

I have, in all of my apps, an INCLUDE file (txt file) with a number of SET commands to set file_path_variables for my qvd files.

Now I have the problem that a new app that I am just building throws an error within that INCLUDE file - it all worked fine until now, the error is only the newest of those SET commands. It goes

>> SET v_Pfad_Item_Qty_Dtl_A163_qvd<< and is supposed to hold the complete path to where that qvd file is supposed to be stored - but every time I try, QlikView throws a "script line error" on exactly that line - when I deactivate or delete it, all is fine.

Can anyone guess what the reason for this might be?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I remember on a similar case where the reason was that there was an invisible chraracter within the variable - therefore do a copy + paste into a hex-editor to see all characters.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Would you mind posting your log file?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

yes, I would actually - I already got a rebuff once because the file-path-variables naturally contain the name of our server which is not supposed to appear anywhere on the net ...

The SET commands all go like this:

>> SET v_Pfad_[some filename] = '[\\[server]\[path]\[some filename].qvd]'; <<

And like I said, that works well, I have hundreds of those file-path-variables. And I have trouble only with the latest one that I added, though it is no different from all the rest except that it is longer and has one more underscore ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It would be easier to help if you upload your log file

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I remember on a similar case where the reason was that there was an invisible chraracter within the variable - therefore do a copy + paste into a hex-editor to see all characters.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

that similar case was probably mine 😉 Sorry - I should have tried searching the forum first (because you were right of course, it works now).

I have no idea how that got there - I didn't write that statement, I just copied it from the one above and adapted the suffix, nothing more ...

Well, it is solved now.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler