Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Properties Error Message Change Font Size and Formatting?

Hi there,

I'm new to the Qlikview world and love the product...BUT

Is it possible to change the font size and formatting of an error message generated using the calculated condition in Chart Properties? I can't imagine that it is not.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff G.

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I can't say for certain that there isn't, but I don't remember ever running across a way.

An alternative would be to replace your calculation condition with a show condition (layout tab). Then create a text box for your error message with the opposite show condition. You have a lot more control over formatting with a text box.

Not applicable
Author

Did you find out how we can change font size and color for custom error message?

omerfaruk
Creator
Creator

Using the font tab you can change the font size and underline style. But, strangely even in 11.2 version you cannot change the colour of the error messages from font tab.

In this case you should implement John's advice.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

There is a work around to this issue. You may insert a Text box with a white color background and insert your default message with whichever format you like in the Properties-->General--> Text. Put this box over your chart or anywhere where your error message appears. In the layout section  under 'Show' click on conditional and insert condition "GetSelectedCount([Your field name])<1". The field name can be anything from which your filter condition is based upon from which your chart appears.Under LAyout--> Layer --> Select 'Top'. You may now move this box over your error message and it will appear/ disappear based on your filter which displays the chart!

Hope this helps!