Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart type "Straight Table", Chart Width cannot be fixed?

Hello QV Experts,

How do I fix the width of the chart(Chart type is "Straight Table"), irrespective of the number of fields a horizontal scroll bar should appear.

Currently when I add more fields, chart is growing and ovelaps the next chart. Please suggest

Thanks & Regards

Padmasali

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to properties of the chart -> Caption tab -> mention the width of the chart you need and click ok. Now even if you add more columns the size will not increase but a scroll bar will appear in the bottom to scroll across and view the complete data.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Siva,

The chart type is straight chart. Even though you fix the chart width, if you add new fields the width will increase

Not applicable
Author

In Layout tab ensure that Allow Move/Size check box is disabled.

darcibelon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Padmasali,

I'm having the same issue and I'm wondering to know if you find a way to solve this issue?

Thanks,

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Padmasali,

In the Properties, Layout tab, turn off the "Size to Data" check box.  Then your table should not change size depending on the number of columns and you will see a scroll bar for the Expression columns.

However, if many of the columns are dimensions instead of expressions, they will push the chart out too wide.  You don't get a scroll-bar for dimensions.

If this is the case, you might be able to replace some of the dimensions with expression?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darcibelon,

Scroll bar will appear from last dimension that you have added and scrolls till the end. Make sure you limit dimensions to accomadate within the  chart width.

Regards,

Padmasali