Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Charts and Container Objects

Probably an obvious question, but is it good practice to have a separate sheet with the charts held elsewhere in a document in container objects? This is what I have been doing but I'm not quite sure what the benefits are...

Many thanks

Charlotte

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think it is...

If the objects exist only within the container and you delete it by accident, you will lose all the objects inside it.

If you want to use an object as a model to create other, I found it difficult to get a copy of one inside the container.

I cound't move an object from the container to a report (not the whole container).

Maybe someone can explain how all this points could be done then there would be no need to keep them elsewhere.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

I only keep the one copy in a container and if I want to copy a report I move it out of the container, copy it then move it back in - hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

if you right click on the title bar of the object with in the container and choose 'CLONE', it creates a detached copy of the container object.

You can then copy that object or do what ever and then remove it if you need when you are finished.

rrsrini2907
Creator
Creator

No, no need to have the copy of object inside container in another sheet.

While deleted the original copy of object present inside the container, it will prompt for "Delete Selected","Delete All" and "Cancel".

At that time click "Delete Selected". So the object inside container will not be affected.

In future, if you need the object to be recreated, you can clone or drag and drop the object out of container.

Regards,

Srini.