cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

Charts

Good morning, I am new to qlikview but am quite familiar with excel.

I currently have 30 spreadsheets all exactly the same template but filled with different data so qlikview was an excellent choice to analyse this but for the analysis i have had to put formulas into excel then use this in qlikview to analyses as im sure most beginners do, what i want to do is to remove all these formulas one by one so only raw data is going into qlikview and it will do all the calculations. I will add to this thread frequently as each question is answered so thankyou for your help,

first problem- in one collumn is a timestamp indicating the data/time an asset became unavailable, in the next collumn  i have the data/time the asset came back online. In excel I have done a count if formula shown below, basically it counts how many assets have become unavailable by this date, how many have been fixed by this date then subtracts one from the other. I have broken it down into these 3 steps.

=COUNTIF(AH:AH,"<="&AH2)

=COUNTIF(AI:AI,"<"&AH2)

=AJ2-AK2

the collumn produced is then fed into a qlikview chart for analysis, i would like qlikview to do the sum if possible.

thanks for your help

2 Replies
Not applicable

Could you show an example of the excel file in order to understand better what are you talking about?

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

ofcourse heres a dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9mqhmc58yc0l2m/qlikview.xlsm

the file is a small captions of what I really have, the file it came from was for a whole month, and I have 18 months worth in different spreadsheets so obviously qlikview is the best option for analysis.

the problem with what excel is doing is each month starts at zero which isnt a true representation but qlikview should be able to apply its logic across all months and give a better picture.

thanks