Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Clarity on Accessing QMC

Hi All,

I am actually newbie to a client project. I am going to work on a support and server support is done by another company.Now,I am been provided access to QMC. It is given by adding the User name or support AD Group of our company to Qlikview Administrators in Server. The point is now I am able to access the QMC but only Task from Status tab, Documents tab. I am able to see all the applications configured now.

here are my questions,

1. How do they restricted access been provided to view only Status and Documents Tab ?

2. After providing access, how I am able to see the applications in access point ? Is it like I need to select each application and add my username or AD Group in the distribution list ?

kindly help me to understand this questions.

Thanks ,

Pradeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. See the QlikView Publisher Document Administrators and QMC->System->Setup->Distribution Services->Your QDS->General->Source Folders->Document Administrators. But you may want to leave that to the real Administrators because you don't have access to the System tab.
  2. That depends on the Distribution User Type. You need to add your own name only if User Type is set to Named Users.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

Could you please provide any info on this..

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just to be sure: when you open the QMC, you can see only Status and Documents tabs? No Users tab or System tab?

If so, then you are a Document Administrator and not a QlikView Administrator (neither are you member of the QlikView Administrators group).

Having/getting access to documents in the AP depends on three things:

• Do you have a license for those documents? If you have a Named CAL assigned, then you can access all documents for which you have permission (see further)
  • Are those documents distributed to you user ID (or a group of which you are a member)? See the Task->Distribute tab, or - if you are running your QlikView Server in DMS mode - see Documents->User Documents->Authorization for patching temporary access
  • If Section Acces is being used in some or all of these documents, do you have a corresponding entry in the Section Access table of these documents?

If those three conditions are met, then documents should show up in the AP and you should be able to access them.

Note that successfull administration of a QlikView environment requires some understanding of the QlikView architecture and QlikView internals, and some experience with Windows server stuff like AD-NTFS-Authorizations-Services etc. 

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Pradeep,

1. You are not part of "QlikView Administrators group" since you can see only 2 tabs.

2. You are able to see the apps in access point is your concern ? I am not clear about your query.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your time. Now, I have a few more questions,

1. TO access QMC with 4 tabs, we give the user in Qlikview administrator group under SERVER MANAGER-> USER      AND GROUPS.

TO access QMC with 2 tabs, we give the user in Document Administrator, but how and where do we give that?

2. I dont find my name in each application distribution list but I can see the applications in access point. how is that      possible ? Is it like if my name is assigned as NAMED CAL, i can see all the Documents in Access point ?

Please help me out to be clear on this.

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Jyothish,

I can see the apps in access point but when I open QMC and check the apps distribution list tab I dont fin my name in it. How is it possible to view all the apps in access point ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. See the QlikView Publisher Document Administrators and QMC->System->Setup->Distribution Services->Your QDS->General->Source Folders->Document Administrators. But you may want to leave that to the real Administrators because you don't have access to the System tab.
  2. That depends on the Distribution User Type. You need to add your own name only if User Type is set to Named Users.
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

The one reason could be because you have a named cal.

It is not necessary to implement "distribution List" logic in all app, some may be distributed to folder directly with access to "Authenticated User".

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Jyothish,

Thank you. got it

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II