Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Class Function

I need to create a bar chart using the class function.  I have the following data:

Screen Shot Class.png

With the above data, I need to create a bar chart with a class interval of 1 on the X axis denoting the number of items per prescription interval, which will be count(Distinct [Script Number] ) and the number of Doctors which should be count(Distinct [Doctor Name]) on the Y axis.  How can i achieve this with the Class function?

Regards

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yann

Many thanks, i have changed the dimension along your first suggestions to the following:

=Replace(Aggr(Class(count(DISTINCT [Drug Name]),1), [Script Number]), '<= x <', ' - ')

The expression is as follows:

=Aggr(count([Doctor Name]), [Script Number])

The result is as follows:

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 20.17.59.png

This more or less what I am expecting.  The only problem is that I do not see any classes for Script Intervals less than 10.  Would you suggest any solution?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm not sure of what you want exactly, but I think it should be something like this :

dimension : =class(Aggr(count([Drug Name]),[Script number]),1)  (or even directly =Aggr(count([Drug Name]),[Script number]) if the class interval is 1)

expression : count(distinct [Script number])

I hope it helps

Yann

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yann

Many thanks, i get the following results after changing the expression to Count(Distinct [Doctor Name]):

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 18.43.01.png

Either of the two dimensions yields the same result.  This is showing the count of all doctors on the  Y axis but i need this to be the count of doctors for a specific script interval.  I hope this clarifies what i am looking for.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

So you should use this as dimension  :

=class([Script Number],1000, 'xxxx')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yann

Many thanks, i have changed the dimension along your first suggestions to the following:

=Replace(Aggr(Class(count(DISTINCT [Drug Name]),1), [Script Number]), '<= x <', ' - ')

The expression is as follows:

=Aggr(count([Doctor Name]), [Script Number])

The result is as follows:

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 20.17.59.png

This more or less what I am expecting.  The only problem is that I do not see any classes for Script Intervals less than 10.  Would you suggest any solution?

MarcoWedel

as Count() delivers integer values, using the class function with an interval of 1 might be less readable than just displaying the integer itself, so:

=Aggr(count(DISTINCT [Drug Name]), [Script Number])

might actually be enough.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Marco