cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan625
Contributor
Contributor

Clear All function not resetting min and max Date Variables in Web Version

I am relatively new to Qlikview and am having the follow issue.

I developed a dashboard which includes 2 variables -  vStartDate  and vEndDate

Both of these are originally set based on the Min and Max values for a field called Vehicle Loss Date as noted below.

vStartDate
=Min([Vehicle Loss Date])

vEndDate
=Max([Vehicle Loss Date])

I also have two calendar objects that are used to reset these variables to filter or narrow the selection based Vehicle Loss Date

I have the appropriate field event and variable event triggers configured to make these calendar/date picker objects filter the Vehicle Loss Date field appropriately.

The Template our company uses for Qlikview applications includes a Text Object called Clear Selections, which includes the Clear All action when it is clicked.

When I open the .qvw file in my local Qlikview client, everything works as expected with this application, including the resetting of these 2 variables to the following when I click the Clear All Text Object to Clear all of my selections.

vStartDate
=Min([Vehicle Loss Date])

vEndDate
=Max([Vehicle Loss Date])

However, when I have our admins publish this .qvw to our QA Web environment, everything works with the exception of the resetting of the above mentioned variables.

Clicking Clear All does clear all previously selected filtered dates, but my Calendar/date picker values remain set at the previously selected values and are not reset to =Min([Vehicle Loss Date]) and =Max([Vehicle Loss Date]) values as expected.

I was told that this is a bug with triggers in the Web environment and that I would need to remove all triggers and define a button with a select action defined to achieve the desired functionality.

However when I tried this I had the same result.

Is anyone aware of any limitations to using triggers with web based Qlikview dashboards, or not, what else may be causing my issue.

Again, I am new to Qlikview and this one has got me stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One thing to confirm here is  the triggers you are using, as the Ajax client does NOT support all triggers, you need to read the Help on those to be sure you are using a supported trigger type.  

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Propert...

That is about the only thing that makes much sense at the moment as to the behavior you are seeing.  Check into this aspect and if this is not it, provide and update and if you could provide a sample app that will display the issue, that should make it easier to have a look to see if we can spot what may be wrong.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.