Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear Button

Guys,

If I give clear action, all the data should be cleared except the date selection (current month and current year) in master calendar. Is that possible to do? By using variables can we do that? Plz help..... It's urgent.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva

Add a button - Clear all Action

b.JPG

Now add Both Selections - One for Year and One for Month.

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Jandre ... But I already tried it and don't want like this. I want to try with the default clear option in qlikview tool.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does this want to happen when you are open the application, If so, you may use ClearAll functionality onopen Trigger from Trigger Tab (i.e., Ctrl+Alt+D ----> Triggers Tab ----> In that, DET you may select OnOpen then choose Add Action then apply and close open same)

Or else, you may describe more

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva

The only way I can think of would be the use of a macro. Would this be something you would want to look at?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No I don't want the use of Macro. Is there anyway other than macro to do?

Not applicable
Author

Not that i know of.

You will need to use triggers or a macro.

Kind Regards

Not applicable
Author

Its possible by selecting the date you want and then press the lock button in the toolbar in qlikview. If you then press clear, everything is cleared except for the date. This, because you locked that selection. If you want to add more to the lock; just simply unlock it, then select everything you want and press the lock again.

I hope this can help you further

lock.png

Ivo

Not applicable
Author

There is a way to do this - but its non dynamic

Select Current Year and Current Month. Then go and set the clear state.

b.JPG

When a user clears - this will clear all selections and go and select the 'clear state' set by the developer.

This is the best answer I could find!

Kind Regards

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Why not just make it so that the year and month use 'always one selected value'

This is by far the simplest way to solve this issue assuming this doesn't cause you any issues, which given you don't want to clear them it shouldn't!