Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearing Selections

When i clear "Current Selections" in my Application when i am in one sheet, focus goes to the first sheet in the App.  Why does focus change and not stay in the current sheet?

Regards.

Chris

17 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So when you press Clear, you are clearing the selection in "_View" and the show condition becomes false, correct? And then the only sheet without a show condition is being shown.  Maybe you want to have "Always one selected" set on the _View listbox?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob, all sheets have a conditional show.  I am clearing general selections in the application, i.e. any selections.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So when you clear all selections, you clear the _View field?  Then all your sheet show field conditions are false.  QV does not allow having every sheet hidden -- it has to show something -- so it shows the first sheet

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, but the _View field does not appear in "Current Selections"

Regards.

Chris

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

_View does not appear in the current selections because it is a hidden field. Hidden fields do not appear in the Current Selections box. But they are still subject to Clear.

It became a hidden field via one of two script methods:

1. Set HidePrefix = '_';   // Alll fields that begin with this string will be hidden

2. TAG FIELD _View as $hidden;  // adding the $hidden tag will make this field hidden

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, i am now enlightened.  What is the solution to this behavior.  I do not see any option for "Always one Selected" in the Multibox being use for menu.

Regards.

Chris

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"Always one selected" will become an available option on the Presentation tab -- after you select a value.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob

Chris