Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Collapsible container component

Hi,

I need to develop a dashboard where the parameters which are on the left side of the page has a collapsible option .

Is there any way to achieve this,as there no such collapsible components in qlikview.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suresh_rawat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Prathima,

As per my knowledge there is no way for achieving this.

But, you can use Show/Hide logic to use more space of your screen.

-  Give a button for Show/Hide of filters, by default some filters are automatically selected with the use of triggers and someone want to use more filters He/She click on Show filters to select.

- Or if it is must to do this, you can make 2 objects of each, make a button

- if you click on the button previous all objects are hide and new objects show according to you position(Filters on the extreme left and charts are of bigger size)

- again click on the button, default charts and button enables with their original position.

Regards

Suresh Rawat

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you elaborate a little more, when you say "collapsable" what do you mean?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have a search region on the left pane and some charts on the right.

when I click on the left pane,it should get collapsed and right pane should be expanded to the entire page.

Thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

Not sure about collapse, but you can use actions on select of any field (if this is relevant or any othet Action type):

1. To expand/maximize the chart on right side.
2. To minimize the objects in left pane.

Hope this helps, if not then post a sample app with small data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find below the snapshot of the dashbaord.Left pane has a collapse button,on click of it entire search region should move left and right region should expand. is there any way to achieve this?

Sample.jpg

Thanks in advance

suresh_rawat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Prathima,

As per my knowledge there is no way for achieving this.

But, you can use Show/Hide logic to use more space of your screen.

-  Give a button for Show/Hide of filters, by default some filters are automatically selected with the use of triggers and someone want to use more filters He/She click on Show filters to select.

- Or if it is must to do this, you can make 2 objects of each, make a button

- if you click on the button previous all objects are hide and new objects show according to you position(Filters on the extreme left and charts are of bigger size)

- again click on the button, default charts and button enables with their original position.

Regards

Suresh Rawat

Not applicable
Author

I don't think there is any such functionality available in qlikview.

You can try using the button and Triggers/Actions and achieve something very similar if not exact.