cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Column with data from previous year disappear

This question is like continuation of problem described here:

Set dimension columns as the current and the previous year

What is my problem now? When I add another dimension (as filter) to dashboard and select something in the list box Client, the Previous Year column disappears in income table.

For example when I select year=2014 and Client=a.

Do you have any ideas how can I fix this?

Of course I could add every combination of client and minimum date to script load, but I don't want, because in case of large amount of data will be "a little" inefficient.

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

For client 'a', there is no data for 2013 which is previous year to your selected year 2014. And qv association logic fails here to find that year, hence the output. Load data(it could be zero) for 2013 for that client, it should work fine.

Not applicable
Author

So if I have for example 5 dimensions with at least 15 elements (such like a and b for Client) I should add 5*15 new rows for 2013?

Is there any other way I can have Previous Year? Because in my real dashboards I have a lots of combinations of such dimensions and it is neither easy nor efficient to do this in my script.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In real dashboard, the issue ideally should not appear because it is unusual that there would no transaction in an entire year(if not beyond inception of the client in the system). Try it there in real dashboard. Otherwise, you might have to play a bit with generating master calendar to handle this.

Not applicable
Author

Some of ours clients have for example only 2013-2015 years in their system and then when they want to see only 2013 year, they will see only one column in table (with current year, when something in filter is selected) although normally there should be two columns. So that's is not unusual for us.

I don't see how can I use in this case the master calendar. As I know even if I use it, there still be only dates with no data in main table (there will no connection "vMinYear-1" year with other dimensions).