Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo Chart doesn't give desired results

1. I have a combo chart where I need to display the values for each testcase dimension in different colors.

2. The legend should display the different testcase in different colors

3. Milestones CS, ES, TO must be shown together with the testcase numbers when a Product is selected.

In the attached sample qvw, I have 2 charts.

Figure 1 shows the desired results but using undesired chart design as I would need to hardcode the expression

for each testcase. The testcase is dynamic and will grow.

Figure 2 shows my desired design, but it is unable to capture the desired output in Figure 1.

First, the legend doesn't display all the values for each testcase as figure 1. Second, when

you select a Product, all testcase show the same color as the legend. It should be in different

colors as Figure 1.

Is there a solution to achieve Figure 1 using Figure 2 as the design, or any other design without hardcoding

an expression for each testcase ?

By the way, I have tried creating 2 charts and overlaying them but no success as I'm not

able to bring the x and y axis to have the same alignment.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please see if the attached sample can help you. It may not be the perfect solution but may give you some direction to think of.

Also there are some unwanted symbols appearing on X-axis for zero values that i am not able to suppress..

Cheers.

hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You could also try adding another table in your script that flags up which test cases are to be shown in bars and which as symbols, then add that flag as a dimension in your chart with 2 expressions ...one for the bars one for the symbols.

See attached (set analysis code could be simplified by reffering to the 'flag' field instead).

With 2 expressions you will need to set the colours yourself somehow - the example uses a number sequence from the sort field and then adds another chart as a different legend,

Regards,

HD