Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo chart help

Hi - I have a bar chart (attached), but I would like to display three trend lines on the same chart, one for each Department. So one for Rice LP, Rice NV and Snack. Thank you for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I did three expressions:

=Sum({<Department = {'Rice LP'}>}Percentage)

=Sum({<Department = {'Rice NV'}>}Percentage)

=Sum({<Department = {'Snack'}>}Percentage)

Alternatively you can also add Department as your second dimension with just Sum(Percentage) as your expression.

PFA the application

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The bar chart is actually behind the line chart, but all the everything is the same in both except for the chart type...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use a Combo chart and as well as your current expressions displayed as bars, create 3 expression displayed as lines.

sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

This is a Combo chart, just as Bill has mentioned above. But what I don't understand is how is this going to be helpful which so much going on? Do you find this a good way to visualized the data? I don't know the answer, but just something to think about.

Not applicable
Author

You're right - there is too much going on there. I guess I don't need the bars. I do need the three lines comparing each department. Can you show me what you did to create that? Thank you!!!

sunny_talwar

I did three expressions:

=Sum({<Department = {'Rice LP'}>}Percentage)

=Sum({<Department = {'Rice NV'}>}Percentage)

=Sum({<Department = {'Snack'}>}Percentage)

Alternatively you can also add Department as your second dimension with just Sum(Percentage) as your expression.

PFA the application

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! Is there a way to get rid of the extra trend lines, so each department has one line instead of two?