Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Combo chart tooltip dupes

Hi,

I've got a combo chart that has both bars and symbols. I've got 'show text as popup' for the expressions, however it appears that where a symbol rests on top of a bar, if you hover over it, it shows the expressions in the tooltip twice. I'm guessing its showing the text popup for the symbol and then for the bar. I don't want to remove the popup from either, because they don't always overlap, but I dont want it to show the expressions twice. Is there a way to give the symbols precedence somehow?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi

I find the tool tips stuff in QlikView particularly difficult to control, however, I stumbled across the following solution which, although laborious, works really well for me and the end-users. The picture below shows the end result of the tool tip:

The process to get to this point is as follows:

1. In the presentation tab, switch off Pop-up Labels.
  2. In the expressions tab, switch off Text as Pop-up on ALL expressions.
  3. Create a new expression called Tool Tip, this one should have Text as Pop-up switched on, you should also switch OFF all of Bar, Symbol, Line, Stock, Box Plot.

The formula that I have used for the new expression is as follows (but you can obviously use whatever format works for you):

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'
& chr(13) & 'Date : ' & Date(DT_TransQuarterEnd,'DD-MMM-YY')
& chr(13) & 'Cost : ' & Num(Column(1),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & 'Distribution : ' & Num(Column(2),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & 'Dist + FMV : ' & Num(Column(3),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & 'Invested Capital : ' & Num(Column(4),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Hope it helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi

I find the tool tips stuff in QlikView particularly difficult to control, however, I stumbled across the following solution which, although laborious, works really well for me and the end-users. The picture below shows the end result of the tool tip:

The process to get to this point is as follows:

1. In the presentation tab, switch off Pop-up Labels.
  2. In the expressions tab, switch off Text as Pop-up on ALL expressions.
  3. Create a new expression called Tool Tip, this one should have Text as Pop-up switched on, you should also switch OFF all of Bar, Symbol, Line, Stock, Box Plot.

The formula that I have used for the new expression is as follows (but you can obviously use whatever format works for you):

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'
& chr(13) & 'Date : ' & Date(DT_TransQuarterEnd,'DD-MMM-YY')
& chr(13) & 'Cost : ' & Num(Column(1),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & 'Distribution : ' & Num(Column(2),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & 'Dist + FMV : ' & Num(Column(3),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & 'Invested Capital : ' & Num(Column(4),vNumberFormat)
& chr(13) & '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Hope it helps,

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ah, thats quite clever! I guess it means you lose the 'swelling focus' when you highlight a symbol or line, but its a fair trade off for managable popups. Thanks a lot for that!

Not applicable

Actually you don't lose the swelling/focus on symbole and/or lines, what happens though is that no matter which line you put the focus on, the pop-up will be the same, for me that's ok because the pop-up contains all of the values.

Good luck,

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Oh! well, all the better!