Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Combochart with two dimensions - can I force "no stacking"?

Hi,

I have a combochart that can show two things:

- when first opened, it has the dimension >date< (expression from a qvs file, based on a field labeled %Datum)
  => the expression is the avg. of the cumulative duration of sickness_phases (of the people who are sick on a given day)

- When the user clicks on any specific day in the diagram
  => the dimension changes to >Personell_ID> and

the expression now is simply the cumulative_duration of the current sickness_phase (just a kind of running total in the script)

<=> My problem is, in a combochart, when two dimensions are simultaneously active, the expressions are automatically stacked.

- I haven't yet found a way to make the first expression (the avg) be displayed only as long as no specific day is selected (I can of course implement a condition for that expression, but when I do that, the second dimension (the personell_ID is suddenly not displayed under the chart anymore (as dimensions are supposed to be), but as a legend ...

=> So, so far I have one dimension (as long as no day has been selected) and then two (when a day has been selected) which are then simultaneously active => the expressions are automatically stacked, which they should not be.

Does anyone know a possible solution to this (either to un-stack the expressions or even to remove the first expression (the avg) altogether when a specific day has been selected.

This is quite complicated, so I'll try and put together a sample app to post.

I'll be back here as soon as I have that.

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

i'am not sure if it helps you, but there is some "trick" to have expression calculated but hidden.

regards

Darek

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Dariusz,

okay - I can simply uncheck "legend" for that second dimension - strange: Suddenly it works!

I guess the "travelling_height" of my stomack was just insufficient before 😉 The time it took me to put together that sample app would probably have been better spent going to lunch earlier, but well, knowing afterwards is easier ...

I can

- deactivate the legend for the second dimension

- just use the same condition that I have for the second dimension, with a NOT(), for the first dimension.

Well, this is solved then.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Just one more question:

- With that second dimension - the PN - active - I don't want to actually display this. Of course AutoNumber() would be an option as would using RowNo() or Recno() instead - but I actually just want >1, 2, 3 ... < - "counting the columns" from left to right.

=> Can that  be done, and how?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler