Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Common 'Period' filter visible for multiple tabs/table

Hi all,

In my report I have more than 5 tabs(pages) and each of them displays data from individual QVDs(almost). I have a common area at the top of the report to display the filters (listboxes) . In that , I have to place period related listboxes like Year , Month.

Should I load the period column from all the QVDs with same name (say, Period) and display the year as Year(Period) and month as Month(Period) or I can load periods with names related to tabs (say PeriodForTab1 , PeriodForTab2 , etc) and load the listboxes with respective data visible for each tab alone ? I tried both the ways , in the former way I get some numbers in the tables inside the tabs but in the latter way I am getting different numbers upon selecting same year / month combo. My basic requirement is to have common name for the period.(The former way).

Please pour in your suggestions/ideas.

-James

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In your example you have used the following expression to show the 'Sum' of Qty in the 'Order' table.

Sum({<Order_YearMonth = {$(vDIYearMonth)}>}Qty)

So here in your expression you have a variable vDIYearMonth which will give the 'DI_YearMonth' which is selected  in the selected and MaxString(DI_YearMonth) if nothing is selected. Can this be changed to display all the YearMonth's data if nothing is selected ? If so how should I do that ?

-JB

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

You can create a link table. bring the common fields in link table and drop them from individual table.

Please find attached the example for the same.

Hope it helps you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you would like to default the period all periods when nothing is selected, then change the definition of the varable vDIYearMonth to:

=if(GetPossibleCount(DI_YearMonth) <> 1, '*',DI_YearMonth)

* changed above

This will give you all YearMonth periods if nothing is selected instead of showing the latest period only.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This version has a lag in showing the months if more than one month is selected. See below snapshot.

date_island_v2.JPG

Here you can see data for months 01 and 02 for 2016 are displayed , but all the data from 2015 are also displayed which is not selected. How can we modify the variable to display the selected months alone ?

-JB

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi JB,

Please see attached.

It’s fairly flexible...Pay attention to the variables

Although I must agree that the Link table may be a better option. Up to you..

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Your Concat variable worked for my req.

Thanks,

JB

Not applicable
Author

One last doubt. Can the order and sales tables be combined into one single table ? I mean to display a common YearMonth dimension and display Sum of order and Sum of sales in expression ?

-JB.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi JB,

Yes it can be done that way.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

But specifically we are adding the Order_YearMonth or Sales_YearMonth in the dimension , right ? Do we need to add both the dimensions together in one table, align the sorting and hide anyone ? Or does this need to be combined in script itself ? If so how it should be combined ?

-JB

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

See attached.

Basically create one field for YearMonth and a new field to flag Sales or Orders.

Thanks,