Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Compare current month with next month of last year

Hi guys,

There is something I just cannot get to work the way I want it to. The issue is the following:

I want to show a pivot (or straight) table with sales information of the current year and month and I want to compare this with the sales of last year's next month. So basically in three words: compare the current month with the following month of last year.

=> October 2014 vs. November 2013

=> March 2013 vs. April 2012

Could you guys help me please? The expression to start with is, eg. sum({<date={"March"}>}Sales)

or sum(Sales) if March will have been selected in a list box.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

actually, this solution will not work when for example you select december of a certain year.

"Month={'$(=$(Month(Date)+1))" will return 13 as month, which doesn't exist.

The correct way to handle this is to use the funtion "addmonths".

The solution for the question of zzzzipke would be:

sum({$<Year={$(=year(addmonths(makedate(only(Year),only(Month),'1'),'-11')))},Month={$(=month(addmonths(makedate(only(Year),only(Month),'1'),'-11')))}>}Sales

)

Regards,

Yves

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sum(Sales) for selected Month

For following month last year

Sum({<Year={'$(=$(year(Date)-1))'},Month={'$(=$(Month(Date)+1))'}>}Sales)

Not sure how is the date format in your application.

Change the expression according to the date format.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shruti,

Thanks for your reply. Since I am 'New to Qlikview', I do have some questions.. It is not completely clear to me what exactly I should put for the "Date". You are using the words Year, Month and Date.

I have two dimensions, Month (jan, feb, mar, apr, ...), Year (2012, 2013, 2014) and part of the expression "Sales".

What should I use for "date"?

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

actually, this solution will not work when for example you select december of a certain year.

"Month={'$(=$(Month(Date)+1))" will return 13 as month, which doesn't exist.

The correct way to handle this is to use the funtion "addmonths".

The solution for the question of zzzzipke would be:

sum({$<Year={$(=year(addmonths(makedate(only(Year),only(Month),'1'),'-11')))},Month={$(=month(addmonths(makedate(only(Year),only(Month),'1'),'-11')))}>}Sales

)

Regards,

Yves