Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_small_t
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compare same variable in two alternate states

Hi

I have two alternate states: "OG_20172018+0" and the following year "OG_20172018+1".  In a chart/pivot table, which is set to be in the alternate state "OG_20172018+1", I have the following expression:

=(count({<
Rnr = P({"OG_20172018+0"<Lvl = {1}>}),
Group -= {"I", "U", "X"},
Lvl-= {">1"}
>}
DISTINCT if((Standardfilter = 1 or Standardfilter_2prioritet =1),
Rnr)))

Where Rnr is an reference number for each person, Lvl is a numeric variable indication which level each person are at, Group indicates which group the person are in, and Standardfilter and Standardfilter_2prioritet  is [0,1]-indicators.

So far, so good. I get a list of 215 uniqe Rnr's. These Rnr's are in both states and they have the features in the expression.

Then i have another variable "Category" which is a text variable. For each of the 215 Rnr's i want to check if the Category-variable are identical in both states , and I want  count these Rnr's.

I have tried to find post in the community to help me, but I am still stuck! Please, can anybody help me?

Regards,

Torbjørn

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

My bad, try this instead

=(count({<
Rnr = P({"OG_20172018+0"<Lvl = {1}>}) * {"=Only({[OG_20172018+0]} Category) = Only({[OG_20172018+1]} Category)"},
Lvl-= {">1"}
>}
Rnr)))

Changed the double quotes around the state name to []. The reason is that we already have a "" used in the set.....

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

=(count({<
Rnr = P({"OG_20172018+0"<Lvl = {1}>}) * {"=Only({"OG_20172018+0"} Category) = Only({"OG_20172018+1"} Category)"},
Lvl-= {">1"}
>}
Rnr)))
Mr_small_t
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny

thanks for your reply! I see what you are trying. But it did not work ("Errors in expression") and I have not been able to "adjust" it to make it run.  And suggestions?

Regards

Torbjørn

sunny_talwar

My bad, try this instead

=(count({<
Rnr = P({"OG_20172018+0"<Lvl = {1}>}) * {"=Only({[OG_20172018+0]} Category) = Only({[OG_20172018+1]} Category)"},
Lvl-= {">1"}
>}
Rnr)))

Changed the double quotes around the state name to []. The reason is that we already have a "" used in the set.....

Mr_small_t
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That one works brilliant! Thank you!