Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing the same expression from different dimension

I have 3 dimensions in my table: PERIOD,COACH & PEOPLE. In this model every coach have some people in charge, so when I expand every coach's cell, it displays the people in charge of that Coach.

In the  chart, I have an expression (RATE) for each person of each coach. For example: RATE1: (TIME WORKED/TOTAL TIME)

and when I contract to the coach's level, I get the same rate for the coach.

I know this rate would be like this: RATE2:(Sum(TIMEWORKED)/(TOTAL TIME*count(PEOPLE OF THE COACH))

So what I need is to store this 2 variables and compare both. I tried using as the first expression: Aggr(RATE,PEOPLE) and as the second one: Aggr(RATE, COACH). But it didn't work

(RATE is stored as a variable)

If the idea is not clear yet, I post a picture of what I want.

By the way, I have no rights to edit any dimension.

Hope someone could help me as quick as possible

Thanks!

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Bastian,

Please check out the document attached and see if it meets your requirement.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

AJ,

Thanks for the answer, but regrettably it doesn't match what I was looking for.

The main problem I have, is storing data generated by the chart and then compare with something else.

For example: I calculate a Rate for each person of every coach, the when I contract this column, I'll automatically get the same RATE (The same function but different value. Is like an average but is not) for the coach. I want to store this RATE (COACH) in another expression (Column) and then compare both RATES:

First:

PERIODCOACHPEOPLERATERATE COACHCOMP
JanBob Bryan10%--
Lilly15%--
George55%--
Jimmy45%--
Julian30%--

Second: After contract Coach

JanBob -35%--

Third: Comparing

JanBob Bryan10%35%BAD
Lilly15%35%BAD
George55%35%GOOD
Jimmy45%35%BAD
Julian30%35%BAD

A this (I think) is the whole process, I hope this could help.

Thanks again for your effort, I appreciate!

Not applicable
Author

So in the file attached there is a pivot table and a straight table.

Looking at the pivot table

Test.png

Here if you press the - sign near Betty or Cathryn it will shrink and show the results for the Coaches.

So as per your requirement you want the 90 and 10(values for the two coaches Jim and Peter respectively) displayed across each person so that you can calculate the grade, right? and thats what is happening here:

Test1.png

I was just using some dummy values with some dummy expressions. You can tailor them to your needs.Does this make sense?

If you can give me some data and fields that you are working with I can try to replicate the same you have in your screen shot.

Not applicable
Author

Oh I think now i see what you are looking. You want them in Pivot table itself.

Alright check this out.

Not applicable
Author

I'm gonna check now, I'll let you know.

Thanks AJ