Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Complex set analysis

Hi

I need help with an advanced set analysis.

I want to show customers that made their first order 2 month from the month that is selected. The customer must also had made at least 2 orders within this period, from the month selected and to 2 months back. This Set analysis doesnt work. Is it possible to solve this without using If?

Sum({$<CustomerId={"=Aggr(Sum({$<YearMonth={'>=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth),-2), 'YYYY-MM'))<=$(=Max(YearMonth))'}>}OrderCounter),CustomerId)>1"}, FirstOrder={"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth),-2), 'YYYY-MM'))"}, YearMonth>}CustomerCounter)

Thanks.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

can you just post Sample qvw with the Data and Sample Output you need.

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm not sure how you'd do this all within set analysis.  I came up with the following expression, obviously I'm using an If statement but if it works...

=if( AGGR( min(_MonthSerial) ,Customer) >=$(=Max(_MonthSerial)-1) and

AGGR( min(_MonthSerial) ,Customer) <=$(=Max(_MonthSerial)),1)

See the attached example.

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Make set analysis for the customers that made first order 2 months prior,

Make set analysis of customers that made minimum 2 orders in prior 2 months,

Take the intersection of those 2 set analysis.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the response.

Anders, you mean something like this? Cant get it to work. Maybe I should use an if-statement.

Sum(

{$

<FirstOrder={"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth),-2), 'YYYY-MM'))"}, YearMonth>

<CustomerId={"=Aggr(Sum({$<YearMonth={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth),-2), 'YYYY-MM'))<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}>}OrderCounter),CustomerId)>1"}>

}

CustomerCounter)

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Yes something like that. Do the 2 sets work individually? It looks like the syntax is a bit off.

But then again, and if sentence will work, its just slower.

If you have a lot of data or feel the performance take a hit, then work some more on intersection, else just go with if?

Best wishes

Not applicable
Author

There's something wrong with the second set analysis. Well, I will use If-statement. Thanks anyway.