Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Complexe expression

Hi experts,

my second set analysis challenge today.

=IF(PAYMENT_TYPE_CD='39' AND SUM(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>='1000' AND COUNT({<PAYMENT_TYPE_CD='50'>}DISTINCT(SERVICE_DT_MED))='1',ClaimID)

from the script above which is not working I would like to List all Claim_ID with a (PAYMENT_TYPE_CD='39' where the total amount for all period was >=1000. I would like to exclude the CLAIM_ID with PAYMENT_TYPE_CD='50' that happened on the same date (SERVICE_DT_MED) .

I will try any suggestion.

thanks

Didier

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Solution

1:

if(sum(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>1000,sum({<Payment_TypeCode={"39"},Claim_id=e({<Payment_TypeCode={'50','75','89'}>}Claim_id)>}SERVICE_CHARGE_AM))

Question2:

if(sum(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>1000,sum({<Payment_TypeCode={"39"},Claim_id=e(excludedID)>}SERVICE_CHARGE_AM))

Regards,

Prashant

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

If possible provide some test data with expected output

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Max,

I am working with a sensitive data but I have managed to type as sample and it is attached in excel as well.

paymt.PNG

PrashantSangle

Hi,

try below expression, It work at my end.

if(sum(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>1000,sum({<Payment_TypeCode={"39"},Claim_id=e({<Payment_TypeCode={"50"}>}Claim_id)>}SERVICE_CHARGE_AM))

Regards,

Prashant

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Max,

Thanks  a lot for you help here. it did work but I have a question.

Question1 if the exclusion list is multiple what is the mistake in the correction below?

if(sum(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>1000,sum({<Payment_TypeCode={"39"},Claim_id=e({<Payment_TypeCode={"'50','75','89'"}>}Claim_id)>}SERVICE_CHARGE_AM))

question 2?

If I loaded the exclusion as a new field from the load script:

IF (MATCH(PAYMENT_TYPE_CD ,'50','75','89'),claim_id) AS excludedID

How can I use excludedID in the expression

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Solution

1:

if(sum(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>1000,sum({<Payment_TypeCode={"39"},Claim_id=e({<Payment_TypeCode={'50','75','89'}>}Claim_id)>}SERVICE_CHARGE_AM))

Question2:

if(sum(SERVICE_CHARGE_AM)>1000,sum({<Payment_TypeCode={"39"},Claim_id=e(excludedID)>}SERVICE_CHARGE_AM))

Regards,

Prashant