Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concatenate Fields in Table After Load

Hi All,

I've been doing some searching and can't resolve what I think should be a relatively easy problem.  I'm new to Qlikview, so I apologize in advance.

I have a QVD load statement that creates a table called Financials.  This if followed by several left joins / loads that bring in related dimensions from other tables, so that Financials is one, big happy flat table.  But after the last left join / load, I want to concatenate two of the resulting data fields that now make up Financials ([Cost F/L#] and [Cost FY/Period]) so that it makes 1 key field called [FL\Period].

Below are the final few lines of my load statement.  Everything works fine up until the last line when I try to create that key field.  Again, the 2 field that I want to concatenate should already exist in the Financials table by the time I get to the concatenation statement.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.  I hope someday to be able to repay the favor!

Left Join ('Financials')

LOAD Date(CALENDAR_DATE) as [Cost Date],
FISCAL_YEAR & 'P' & FISCAL_MONTH as [Cost FY/Period]     
FROM [..\20_QVD\TIME_DIM.qvd] (qvd);

LOAD Concat([Cost F/L#], [Cost FY/Period]) as [FL/Period];

3 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

You can not use the last LOAD statement like this:

you have to use

resident

to point to your l already loaded table

LOAD Concat([Cost F/L#], [Cost FY/Period]) as [FL/Period]

resident 'Financielas';

(for the Cost FY/Period] field)

More:

How to use resident in script of qlikview ?

sunny_talwar

I think when concatenating two fields into one you need to use & instead of Concat function. Concat function concatenate values within a single field.

Try this:

[Cost F/L#] & [Cost FY/Period] as [FL/Period]

Best,

S

maxgro
MVP
MVP

don't think concat is the function you want

1.jpg

I think sunindia is right, you need &

[Cost F/L#] & '|' & [Cost FY/Period]  as [FL/Period]

1.jpg