cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Concatenate comment

I have an weekly excel file which is an NPrinting output. On this there is a [Action Status] and Comments section.

This report is a Vulnerability report which has a %Vulnerability, a V_Date with data and the  [Action Status] and Comments rows (the first time around) will be blank. The user puts in their comments and the excel file is then reloaded.

Excel concatenated with QVD (QVD would be the output of the original NPrinting report. So in effect, I am just updating the  [Action Status] and Comments to the %Vulnerabilities.

So the logic would be 

if %Vulnerabilities match, use the %Vulnerabilities that have a comment and action status.

If blank when loading and there is a Comment in the QVD, use, the %Vulnerabilities with the Comment

Commentary:
LOAD %Vulnerability, 
     [Action Status], 
     Comment,
     [Vulnerability Date]
FROM
[$(vQVDs)\Report.qvd](qvd) where not Exists (%Vulnerability);

Concatenate

LOAD %Vulnerability,  
     [Action Status], 
     Comment,
     Date(Date#(left(SubField(FileName(), ' ', -1),10), 'YYYY-MM-DD'), 'DD/MM/YYYY') AS [Vulnerability Date]  
FROM
[$(vReport)\Vulnerability_Tracker *.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Vulnerability_Tracker) Where len(Comment) >0;//  Date(Date(Date#(left(SubField(FileName(), ' ', -1),10), 'YYYY-MM-DD'), 'DD/MM/YYYY'),-21) > $(Last_Updated_Date);

Store Commentary into $(vQVDs)\Report.qvd(qvd);
Labels (3)
2 Replies
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Anyone … any help with this?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe the reason nobody is responding is the same confusion I have, not sure what you are asking in this case, can you clarify what it is you need us to review, as it is not apparent to me, so I am pretty sure others are likely confused as well.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.