Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Concatenated Fact Table Issue

Hello. I am having trouble calculating the % part churn by a dimension. I have an example data set included.

The part churn is calculated by  =Count(Part)/Sum(Total_Part_Count).  I am able to graph by manager using =Count(Part)/Aggr(Total_Part_Count, Key) but as soon as I select a Manager the denominator is obviously null.

Is there a way that when I filter to a manager I can still get the Total_Part_Count for the key?  I have tried several ways with Set Analysis but nothing has worked.  Any help would be great. Thank you.

PartManagerKeyTotal_Part_Count

Part 1

Joe1A
Part 2Joe1A
Part 3Bill2B
Part 4Bill2B
Part 5Ted3C
1A5
2B10
3C1
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Have a look with join. (PFA)

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you may use set Analysis to desekect Manager

like this

Count({<Manager=>}Part)

the part {<Manager=>} must be placed in every calculation - Count, sum

sunny_talwar

Are you sure you want to do a concatenate here? To me you will be better off doing a Left Join (or Join)

Table:

LOAD Part,

Manager,

Key

FROM xyz;

Join(Table)

LOAD Key,

Total_Part_Count

FROM abc;

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I tried both suggestions to either join the data or use set analysis but could not get either to work. Any time I filter to a manager I lose the total_parts in the denominator.  Any other suggestions?

I have included the qvw for assistance.

sunny_talwar

Have a look with join. (PFA)

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

It looks like it is working. The only difference that I had done was an inner join. Thank you!

sunny_talwar

Inner join should have also worked, not sure why that did not work for you.

Best,

Sunny