Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankhi
Creator
Creator

Condiitional Measure Expression

Hi ,

Can any one please help me with the below requirement??

I have a report where I need to show archive data and current data for forecast data. But for Actual data it is just the current only.

My data model has a field called Archive_Status=Current/Archive. Actual data is always Current. Forecast one set is current and the other set is Archive. All in same table.

In the report, I have added a list box Archive_Status. There is also a list box called MonthYr  (YYYY-MMM). There are other list boxes as well. So that the MonthYr  selection does not impact the other list boxes the MonthYr  is in a different state(StateA)

Now my requirement is when I select Current, from Archive_Status list box

the measure called TRC should show sum of all the available data(total sum). 

But if I select archive from the list box the same measure (TRC) should show only data for the selected date in the MonthYr  column.

The current measure I have is something like below for TRC.  

TRC

=Sum({<
[Cost Status]={'TRC'},
Master.MonthYr =,
Master.Date =,
[Expenditure Type]=
>}[Amount])

ACT:( I need to show data <= selected date in the MonthYr list box)

=Sum({<
[Cost Status]={'ACT'},
Master.MonthYr =,
[Archive Status]=,
Master.Date = {"<=$(=max({StateA}Master.Date))"},
[Expenditure Type]={'*'}-{'$(=GetFieldSelections([Expenditure Type]))'}
>}Amount)

Can you please help me to write the TRC measure based on the archive status and date.?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ankhi

Labels (1)
1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

you can surely create a variable for the expression that changes based on the selected field.  however, it may be difficult to maintain.

if this is a chart, i suggest you create two expressions set the condition for each expression with your two criteria:

=only(archive_status)='Archive'
or
=if(getselectedcount(archive_status)=0 or only(archive_status)='Current' ,1,0)  and maybe add a default Current