Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanTrousdale
Contributor
Contributor

Conditional Show/Hide

Hi, I have a visualisation which contains a conditional show/hide. I only want the visualisation to surface when there is data in it. Although the visualisation doesn't show when there are zero values in. Which aren't null values. Is there a way to differentiate between zero and null values so the visualisation surfaces when there is a zero value in but not when there is a null value in?

Thanks in advance 

Labels (4)
4 Replies
pablomind
Creator
Creator

If the visualization its a chart in the Presentation tab you need uncheck the Suppress Missing values or Zero values, then it will show the zero values (if they really exits) in the table.

DanTrousdale
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Pablo, thanks for the response. The zero values show in the chart as usual but the problems occurs with the conditional show/hide. In the conditional expression it doesn't seem do be able to differentiate between a zero value and a null value. For example, I want the chart to surface when there is a zero value, but not when there is a null value(No data). At the moment the chart doesn't surface for both zero and null values.

pablomind
Creator
Creator

Try using this in the conditional expression: If(Field=0,1,0) or If(Not IsNull(<Field>),1,0).

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Dan, if Pablo's last comment was what you needed, please be sure to close out your thread by using the Accept as Solution button on that last post of this, this will give him credit for the help and let other Members know that worked.  If you have further questions, please leave an update post with what you still need.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.