Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show - Not behaving the way I expected

Hi QlikView Experts,

I have a conditional statement for a text object

=pick(match(vBalancedScorecardComparitivePeriod,

'',

'Previous Day',

'Previous Week',

'Previous Month'),

if(sum({$<CalendarDate={'$(=Max(CalendarDate))'},CalendarDay=,Statistic={'Calls entered in Queue'}>}StatisticValue)=0,0,1),

if(sum({$<CalendarDate={'$(=Max(CalendarDate))'},CalendarDay=,Statistic={'Calls entered in Queue'}>}StatisticValue)=0,0,1),

if(sum({$<CalendarWeek={'$(=Max(CalendarWeek))'},CalendarDay=,CalendarWeekday=,Statistic={'Calls entered in Queue'}>}StatisticValue)=0,0,1),

if(sum({$<CalendarMonthAndYear={'$(=MonthName(Max(CalendarMonthAndYear)))'},CalendarDay=,CalendarWeek=,CalendarWeekday=,Statistic={'Calls entered in Queue'}>}StatisticValue)=0,0,1)

)

The text object keeps returning with a '-' even though I have a conditional show which when I test the output of each expression returns 0. So why then is this object not getting hidden. Please assist with what checks I can perform to identify what is causing this problem

Many thanks,

Byron

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Forgot to mention I have included an isnull statement as well. Still doesn't resolve the issue

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Can you add sample app

Not applicable
Author

In the above expression, you do not need apostrophes in your dollar sign expansion. So:

if(sum({$<CalendarDate={$(=Max(CalendarDate))},CalendarDay=,Statistic={'Calls entered in Queue'}>}StatisticValue)=0,0,1)

This might be part of your problem. Also, are you sure-> '' is a possible value for vBalancedScorecardComparitivePeriod?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies Jacob and Anbu. I will post a sample or maybe just the whole object this evening.

@Jacob, old habits die hard I encapsulate all my dollar sign expressions in quotation marks. Removing does not fix the null error being returned.

With regards to is '' a valid value. It is because it is a hard coded delimited list which the user can select to get comparative information on different reporting periods

Cheers,

Byron