Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional formatting for dimensions

I want to create a list in a standard table comparing old and new values to detect changes. The use of conditional formatting (color of font and background, bold and underline in the example) would make it easier for users to see which of the values have changed. Example:

Old value New value
A A
B C
D D
E F

As far as I can tell its only possible to use formatting on expressions and not any dimensions. Any thoughts on how to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Anja,

you can format the text for your Dimensions, the same way you do for the expressions - click on the little "+" sign next to your dimension and you'll see 3 optional settings - background color, text color and text format. There, you can set the desired conditional formulas.

cheers,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Anja,

you can format the text for your Dimensions, the same way you do for the expressions - click on the little "+" sign next to your dimension and you'll see 3 optional settings - background color, text color and text format. There, you can set the desired conditional formulas.

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Works like a charm. Thanks Oleg!

Not applicable
Author

Oleg,

Can you please provide an example, the reference manual doesn't provide any examples, merely states "The expression used as
text format expression should return a string containing a B
for bold text, I for italic text and/or U for underlined text."

=If(LineNumber = '1','B','I')

This doesn't work.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

hi

try this one

=if(LineNumber=','<B>','<I>')

regards

peter