Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting for Dimension

Hi.  I'm struggling with conditionally formatting a dimension based upon multiple criteria with my measures.

In the attached qvw, I've correctly formatted my measures that meet two criteria:  1.) the total_sales for the corresponding day has to be at or above my variable vSalesMinimum, and 2.) for the same day, the Return_Rate has to be at or above my variable vReturnRate_Threshold.  Those that meet these criteria are formatted with a pinkish background.

Now for the problem:  I'd like to format the background color (red) of each City_ID when the above conditions are met for a minimum of 2 days (the current value of my variable "vMinimum Days w/ Matching Criteria").  This is where I'm struggling.  I've tried lots of things without much luck.  I would think something like the following would work:

=if(sum(TOTAL<CITY_ID>if(column(1)>=$(vSalesMinimum) and column(2)>=$(vReturnRate_Threshold),1,0))>=$(vMinimum Days w/ Matching Critera),LightRed(),lightcyan())

But it doesn't seem to be registering the column(1) and column(2).

Any ideas?

2 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

AFAIK, sum doesn't work with Column()

use aggr function

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shivesh.  Before submitting the question, I had been working with the aggr function and was only able to get it to work partially.  I got the dimension to format, but with only one condition at a time (Total sales above my variable threshold or with a return rate above my variable threshold).  I wasn't able to find a way to make sure both conditions where met for the same day.