Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container Tab Trigger

Dear all,

I want to trigger an "Action" (select a field) when a certain tab in the container is activated. Is there a way to do it? I can't find the "Action" option in the container object.

9 Replies
patriciabb
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I think this cannot be done by using Triggers, maybe try with a macro, or setting your own buttons and displaying the charts, looking like a container.

There is other thread about this here: Event triggers for objects inside a container?

Not applicable
Author

Hi khimhoe_tan!

Let me know: the field select that you want, is just for the chart in that container tab? If yes, why don't you just use a Set Analysis in the chart of this container tab?

Best regards,

Marcello

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

hi khimhoe

what do you expect to achieve by that? there are maybe another posibilities to solbe your issue?

beck

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcello,

Thanks for the suggestion. We just want to default some of the selections when the user change to that particular tab. So using Set Analysis might not be appropriate since they can change the filters later on.

Not applicable
Author

We want to have some default selection when the user switch to that tab.

Not applicable
Author

1. Macro - Our users use AJAX client, so the macro method might not work.

2. There are quite a few tabs in the existing containers. Changing it to use buttons will be time consuming and will be harder to maintain.

patriciabb

Then perhaps you are looking for expressions in charts depending on variables;

You may clik on the Document properties / Triggers / and set a variable on which the chart or the expression depends, setting a conditional in the expression you want to be activated.

That's the only workaround that comes to my mind.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Need More Information?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
berndjaegle
Creator II
Creator II

Have the same issue here. When opening the document, the same tab should be activated.

Sounds simpel, but isn't.

Container has many Tabs, so replacing with Buttons is costly.

Any ideas??