Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

Control Access

Hello,

I could need some help. I’m testing Access Control. Therefore I have build a Qlikview Document named Allowance it has 5 sheets: Start, Information, Dashboard, Dimensions and Controle. I have a QVD, named AccessAllowance. I get this QVD from our DWH-manager.

The rules for the Access are:

1. 1. There is a qadmin (user = qadmin, password is qadmin).
  2. 2. Identification should be UserName and Password from DomainName or AccessPoint if possible.
  3. 3. When not possible UserName and Password from QVD-file Allowance.qvd should permit allowance.
  4. 4. If field InActive = 0, no access is granted, access is permitted when InActive = -1
  5. 5. If date(Now()) is not between DIMENSIONVALUEVAILEDFROM and DIMENSIONVALUEVAILEDTO no allowance is permitted.
  6. 6. After Allowance is permitted, ALLDIMENSIONVALUESALLOWED should be tested, if when ALLDIMENSIONVALUESALLOWED = 0 the all markers/flags should be activated, when ALLDIMENSIONVALUESALLOWED  = -1 no markers should be activated.
  7. 7. If ALLDIMENSIONVALUESALLOWED = 0, REPORTINGALLOWANCEDEMENSION_PK and DIMENSIONVALUEALLOWED should be tested, because DIMENSIONVALUEALLOWED is/are the value(s) the user is permitted to see of a specific Dimension. It is possible that more then 1 Dimension is permitted and more then 1 values within the Dimension is permitted.
  8. 8. Also if ALLDIMENSIONVALUESALLOWED = 0,  the user is not allowed to see all the sheets, the controle-sheet is only for users with full access.

At this moment:

• ·Qadmin can start the document (point 1)
  • ·When someone starts the document, his password is asked. When a wrong password (three times) is given the user gets the message  that he has no access. (point 03).
  • ·Setting the Markers using the IF-statements in works as far I can see (point 06).

I build in point 4 and 5 but I think at the wrong place.

I’m not so happy with the inline Marker-tables, but at the moment I think there is no other solution.

The IF-statements where REPORTINGALLOWANCEDEMENSION_PK is tested, doesn’t work at all, that’s why I comment them.

I hope some can help me with my access-problems. Perhaps I should ask for a new designed QVD. The QVD is build with the DWH rules as basis. 

I have added my Document and QVD’s

Thanks in regards

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Section access within qlik worked a bit different of that what do you described as wanted. An user is included within the section access or not and the user had valid dimension-values within the key-fields between the section access and section application part or not respectively the user is or isn't included with dimensions in the OMIT field.

To 1. - 3. you could use SSO - this meant the windows authentication from the OS goes through to the section access which needs only to include NTNAME (beside ACCESS and any key-fields or an OMIT field) without the need of a PASSWORD.

To 4. - 5. this couldn't be included within section access else you need to use these information within a where-clause to exclude those user which aren't active or which time-windows isn't valid anymore.

To 6. - 7. this is the classical section access part which needs to be implemented by the section access key-fields

To 8. This is mainly an additional part of usability and not mandatory a security part. This meant are the data itself not permitted it's harmless if they could access those sheets/objects and are the data not secured the access-control to sheets/objects won't be absolutely safe.

I suggest to take a look here: Section Access.

- Marcus

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your Support.

Your answer brings new questions.

About 1/3: I will talk will the administrator about that (about rules etc.), Qadmin is already active without any problems

About 4/5: I never worked with a where-clause,  perhaps you can me help with that if it is not to complicated

About 6/8: I watched the examples, I think the QVD I use is not correct because I have 1 column for all Dimensions and one for the Dimension-values. I think I need for every Dimension and its value one column. I have at the moment 4 dimensions, so I think I need 4 columns.

The reasons normal users are not allowed to see all sheets:

1 sheet will have a selection box for the markers/flags and some tables, normal users are not allowed to use that selection box

1 sheet will have some control tables and information for designers and developers       

I don’t know if you watched my section access? When I compare my section access with the examples  I saw, my section looks very different  with all the marker tables and so

Perhaps you have a better solution there for me

Thanks in regards,

Court

marcus_sommer

I agree that your section access looked very different to those kinds which I use or which I have seen anywhere. I don't want say that your approach couldn't be implemented - I don't understand your markers/flag logic - but I'm sure that there are easier logics if you followed the examples from the link above. This meant to start with a simple example from the introduction and then to extend this step by step instead of the attempt to implement a role-logic 1: 1 from another tool.

To 4/5 - I meant the following:

load * from source

where InActive = 1 and

today() >= DIMENSIONVALUEVAILEDFROM and today <= DIMENSIONVALUEVAILEDTO   

To 6/8 - yes you will need to transform (maybe per The Generic Load) your dimensions-field and the corresponding value-field into single columns whereby you here you need a certain logic respectively hierarchy between them to create a proper datamodel (no circular loops or synthetic keys). Further your access-restrictions mustn't be to exclude eachother - one denial and/or missing allowance will prevent the data-access - no further authorization will overwrite them again.

- Marcus

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hallo Marcus,

Thanks for your answer.

I just printed the document with generic load, I will try to transform my table using the example in that document

After that  I try to transform my section stepby step.

Hope I'll manage that with no Problems, Keep you informed

Regards

Court