Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II

Controlling Subtotals in Pivot Table when dimensions are switched.

Hello,

please refer to the attached QVW.

I have Country as second dimension, because of Rank Sort. Now when I click Vencouver, I see subtotal for vencouver, but I want to see still for whole country (Canada).

Is it possible?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You keep changing your requirement... check now

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Not exactly..

From my data the Country total for Canada is 60.

Basically what I want is when I click some city from Canada, it will display all cities from Canada in the graph, this is done by P in set analysis. Now I want to display total for Country under the selected City. (and also later I want to hide other subtotals, but this is probably for other question I guess).

Thanks

sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, this is great.

Just one little thing, do you know how can I hide the country column and still make it work? Also similar, when I deselect all cities, there should not be country totals at each row, but this should be achieved when hiding country.

Also I just notice that total for all cities when no cities are selected is incorrect:

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

I think it would be helpful to see an Excel file with how you want to see the result with and without selections

sunny_talwar

Check the attached and see if this works... I have used a one time macro to hide Country dimension....

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got a little confused with last message, so I had to delete it, but I see you already saw it.

Basically What i need is a little different (But I still can use these techniques).

Without selection it would be a basic view like this:

With Selection it would highlight the selected city, and below it the total for the county will appear, something like this:

Do you thing it is possible?

Thank you.

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I still see the 0 for cities which are not selected:

But look at my response above.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

You keep changing your requirement... check now