Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balanandam
Creator II
Creator II

Convert Bigint from MySQL to text in Qlikview

Hi,

I have data as below

but when I add this column in  qlikview report it converts to floating values

Pls. suggest.

Thanks in Advance!

Balanandam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
balanandam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

it must be CHAR format instead BIGINT, but you all know how does this change impacts on Production database. So, time being, I did this below

LOAD

SerialNumber;

SQL SELECT CAST(SerialNumber AS CHAR) from table;

Convert to CHAR before loading into Qlikview that solves my problem ....

Thanks!

Balanandam

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the value indicates in MySQL??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
balanandam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anil, First set directly from MySQL.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

can you try with TEXT(FieldName) in Qlikview?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
balanandam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried this, but no luck.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

can you tell me what does that field indicates? I mean to say, Which attribute business it is. This is 19 digits long key. So, then i would think much in detail if you provide the use case

balanandam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Oh! this field storing the data for serial number, ex: serial number of mobile, laptop and the MySQL column data type is Bigint.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you getting? When you use this as field, does this return by any chance.. Because Qlikview doesn't have concept called Data Type as we call it as Limitations using Text(), Num() ...

Try this and show the image in list box/table box using FieldName and FieldName_BigIn

Left(FieldName,10) & Right(FieldName, 10) as FieldName_BigInt

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can load them as text. This assumes that the ODBC driver supports bigint. If the ODBC driver is converting these to floats, then there is nothing you can do in Qlikview.

Qlikview supports numbers to a maximum of 14 or 15 digits, so an 18 digit number will be converted to floating point.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sumit_ranjan_pa
Former Employee
Former Employee

This issue has been there since the beginning. QlikView has a restriction of 14 digits in the field. You cannot go more than that. As stated by jontydkpi‌ , it will be auto converted to float.

There are two ways of handling it. Handle this on the DB side and see if this can be stored as TEXT , than a number . I know this might be a huge impact on the DB, depending on the storage.

Second would be the choice , to break it down and store it as TEXT as suggested by loveisfail‌.