Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert Date and group

Hello.

so - I have seen plenty of advice on converting integer fields into dates along with formatting as per below:

• date(MonthStart(%_WO_Requested),'MMM-YY') as [Start Month]
  • date(MakeDate (1970,01,01)+ FLD_REPORTING_CLEAREDTIME /24/60/60,'MMM-YY') as Resolve_Month,

Both of these statements do the job, however, instead of leaving me with a list of 12 dates for a year (e.g. Jan-16, feb-16 etc etc), i get a massive list of dates that appear to be the same (e.g. Jan-16,Jan-16,Jan-16,Feb-16, Feb-16 etc etc).

I think this is because the underlying integer is a unique number which represents day, month, year, hours, minutes and seconds.

There are 2 date representations that are extracted from the remedy system:

and

so, my question is, once i have converted the date into MMM-YY, how do i create a calendar object that only shows the 12 months for the year, and not a date for each unique integer number?

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to convert your timestamps with a rounding-function like:

date(floor(MonthStart(%_WO_Requested)),'MMM-YY') as [Start Month]

then formatting will only change the displaying but not the values itself.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi. its not quite working. In the attached image, the left hand date is what I had with the expression I had in my initial post, and the right hand dates is using floor' in the expression.

i am just after one instance of the mmm-yy appearing for each month of the year, which will display all values relevant to that month?

dates.jpg

marcus_sommer

Please provide a few values from your %_WO_Requested field and how the used expression look like.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus.

i have found a way to get the result i am looking for - but i appreciate your time looking into this for me.

Thanks