cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy & Paste multiple linked objects

Hello,

In QlikView is there are way to copy multiple objects at the same time & paste them as linked objects?  I've built a dashboard that has filters (list boxes) in the left column; each sheet in the dashboard will have the same filters.  I want to copy all the list boxes from one sheet and paste them into the next sheet; the benefit of pasting them as linked objects is if I make a change to a list box on one sheet, the change will be made on all the sheets. 

Kathleen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Once you select all object using Ctrl + A and copy them, then while pasting dont use Ctrl + v to paste them., instead right click on sheet and select option as paste sheet object as link.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can do Ctrl + A and copy paste then remove unnecessary objects.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,  that works but the objects paste as independent objects. . . . is there an easy way to paste them as linked objects?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

but

you copy normal  but paste as  Linked object next time when you add/delete something in the objects it will reflect to all

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Once you select all object using Ctrl + A and copy them, then while pasting dont use Ctrl + v to paste them., instead right click on sheet and select option as paste sheet object as link.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you paste. right-click and select "Paste as Linked Object".

Ctl-A will select all objects.  You can also select any group of objects by:

1) Lasso the objects by holding down the left mouse button.

2) Holding Shift while clicking the caption on each object.

It's easier to see what's selected if you turn on the Design Grid (Ctrl-g).  After selecting a group of objects, Ctrl-c to put them in the clipboard.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help!

prananellutla
Creator
Creator

Hi will this be acting different in Qlik Sense? If I do Ctrl +A  all the objects are not selected on my sheet. thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

afaik, Qlik Sense only allows copy of one object at a time.

-Rob

prananellutla
Creator
Creator

Okay- thank you