Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharon_siao
Contributor III
Contributor III

Copy sheets with linked objects

Hi, let's say I have two sheets that share some linked objects between them. I would like to make a copy of these two sheets and paste them in another qvw file, and I want the linked objects to remain linked. Is there an easy way, or do I have to recreate those objects? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what you intend to do, but yes, I just tried it and it worked by copying all objects of one sheet (Ctrl A and Ctrl C), then move to next qvw and paste it into new sheet. back to origin qvw, Ctrl A and Ctrl C of second sheet, move to next qvw again and paste in a new sheet. In my test i still have linked objects (datamodel was same in my example)

Is it easier to store your qvw in a new name and delete what you donot want instead of copying objects?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what you intend to do, but yes, I just tried it and it worked by copying all objects of one sheet (Ctrl A and Ctrl C), then move to next qvw and paste it into new sheet. back to origin qvw, Ctrl A and Ctrl C of second sheet, move to next qvw again and paste in a new sheet. In my test i still have linked objects (datamodel was same in my example)

Is it easier to store your qvw in a new name and delete what you donot want instead of copying objects?

sharon_siao
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That actually works! My mistake was that when I pasted, I wasn't using "Paste Object as link" assuming that it didn't make sense when pasting to a different qvw. Thanks for your reply and solution.