Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Could really use some help with Calculated Dimension

Dear Community,

I've got a problem using a calculated dimension. Or rather, trying to figure out how to set the correct calculated dimension.

This is what I've got:

All I need is to not show the dimensions(Participant,Age) when the expressions(Rank,Nat,Best) are NULL.

The expression for the Best result f.e. is like this:

if(     rank(max({<Participant=>}Result),0,1) = 1,     max({<Participant=>}Result)    )

Nat and Rank use the same structure for their expressions, only the "then" part is different (obviously)

I've tried about 20 different Calculated dimensions to be able to supress NULL values, but with little success. Partly because Qlikview is doing things I really can't explain, f.e.

To see what was happeneing I added an extra expressions as follows:

aggr(max({<Participant=>}Result),Age)

and the result was not at all what I expected...

namely this:

as you can see, nothing seems to be wrong for the 17 and 18 year olds, but the 19 year old has a NULL expression, but:

it somehow put the value next to a 19 year old who does not even have a result. The same for 20 year olds, for 21 year olds it put the value by the participant with rank = 2, for 22 year olds for rank = 18, in other words: it seems to be totally random!

I suspect this is the one of the reasons why my calculated conditions did not work as one of my calculated dimensions I tried (and put my hopes on) was something like this:

=if( aggr(max({<Participant=>}Result),Participant,Age) = aggr(max({<Participant=>}Result),Age), Participant)

Can anyone help me to hide the dimensions when the expressions are NULL in any way?

or alternatively: can someone explain what is happening here? because I don't understand it

0 Replies