cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Count Distinct function is allowing duplicate records in table

I have a table chart which contains records that contain duplicate data in  same field between them. For example:

Comp.ID     Issue Number    

12183594     CC-00003

12183661     CC-00005

12183661     CC-00005

12183661     CC-00005

12183702     CC-00006

In my table my expression is =Count(Distinct [Comp.ID]). The table does reduce in overall records, but I am still seeing duplicate Issue Numbers.

Attached is an example of what I am seeing between two tables with one counting all records and the other counting distinct records.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Everything seems to be correct. You have to be aware of that if you have other dimensions they will create uniqueness for each row.

It is the combination of all dimensions in a chart that determine uniqueness. So what you see is very logical to me and conforms to how QlikView works and should work.

If I create a new chart with ONLY the Comp.ID and Issue Number and the count the repeating/duplicated values for Issue Number disappears.It is the inclusion of PSRI_ID and Item Number that force a duplication in your two charts - that is how it should be....

Not applicable

Hi Try this

=aggr(count(Distinct [Comp.ID]),[Issue Number])

,In your application ,distinct chart is still showing the Duplicate item numbers because of u have

multiple PSRID AND Item number for  [Issue Number])