cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count Null Values specific to a field value

Hi - I have a set of data which contains null data for a specific field, called 'Report Date'.  I've managed to count the number of these Null Values as this is an important measure.  However, I'd also like to count the number of times a specific field WITHIN this occurs.

So the formula below is what I've used to count the number of NULL Report Dates, based on the count of Staff Codes.  This is working just fine:

=Count(DISTINCT{$<[Staff Code] = {"=NullCount([Report Date]) > 0"}>}[Staff Code)

What I need, is to then say, if that staff code is equal to code '7', what is the count now?  So it's clearly just a development of the above set analysis code, but I'm not sure how to specify I want to provide another measure which is looking at Staff Code '7'...?

I really hope you can help as it's driving me a little loopy - I suspect it's very straight forward!!  Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be this?

=Count(DISTINCT{$<[Staff Code] = {"=NullCount({<[Staff Code] = {7} >} [Report Date]) > 0"}>}[Staff Code)

OR

=Count(DISTINCT{$<[Staff Code] = {"=NullCount([Report Date]) > 0"}, [Staff Code] = {7} >}[Staff Code)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be this?

=Count(DISTINCT{$<[Staff Code] = {"=NullCount({<[Staff Code] = {7} >} [Report Date]) > 0"}>}[Staff Code)

OR

=Count(DISTINCT{$<[Staff Code] = {"=NullCount([Report Date]) > 0"}, [Staff Code] = {7} >}[Staff Code)

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Awesome help - thanks so much.