Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count distinct in Set Analysis

Hiya,

I'm trying to count a total number of users and a total number of users accessing. I'm using data from Google analytics.

I'd like this to be a KPI so I created two text objects:

Total number of users: Sum(DISTINCT(User))

Total number of users accessing:  Sum(DISTINCT{$<visits = {">0"}>} [User])

Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add {1} to an expression to ignore all selections: Count( {1} distinct User)

I'm also guessing that there is only data for users for the dates they actually visited. So if you select a date you cannot select users with a visit value of 0 since there is no data for the users you're looking for. If that's correct then you should be able to calculate the number of non-visiting users with count({1-<visits={'*'}>} User).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try using the count function:

• Count(distinct User)
  • Count({$<visits= {">0"}>} distinct User)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert Wassenaar that did seem to do something good!

I have added a third box that would display number of users NOT accessing the site using:

Count(DISTINCT{$<visits = {"0"} >} DISTINCT User)

It displays 0 every time I make a selection.

The two boxes (Total no of users and Total no of users accessing) are displaying the same value every time I make a date selection. The first box should give me total number of users for the entire dataset but it doesn't, it only counts users that accessed the site on the date I selected. Any idea how to get that fixed?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add {1} to an expression to ignore all selections: Count( {1} distinct User)

I'm also guessing that there is only data for users for the dates they actually visited. So if you select a date you cannot select users with a visit value of 0 since there is no data for the users you're looking for. If that's correct then you should be able to calculate the number of non-visiting users with count({1-<visits={'*'}>} User).