Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count flags with aggregation

Hello,

I have a qvd file wich contains a table like this and I want to count the Yes flags group by Places and Type then count No flags  group by Places and Type but without counting the Yes counted before.

Places

TypeFlag
Place1ANo
Place1ANo
Place2BNo
Place2BNo
Place3CNo
Place3CNo
Place3AYes
Place3ANo
Place4CYes
Place4CNo

II want to insert a table with an expresssion that will generate a table like this :

FlagsCount(Flags)
Yes2
No

The "3 No" should be counted like that  = 1 Place1_A + 1 Place2_B + 1 Place3_C + (0 Place3_A + 0 Place4_C) because they were already counted with the Yes flags.

Thanks in advance for your help !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI @zet 

Try like below

temp:
LOAD * INLINE [
Places,Type, Flag
Place1, A, No
Place1, A, No
Place2, B, No
Place2, B, No
Place3, C, No
Place3, C, No
Place3, A, Yes
Place3, A, No
Place4, C, Yes
Place4, C, No
];

Load Places&'_'&Type as Key,Flag, 1 as NoOfFlag Resident temp Where Flag = 'Yes';
Load Places&'_'&Type as Key,Flag, 1 as NoOfFlag Resident temp Where Flag = 'No' and not Exists(Key, Places&'_'&Type);

DROP Table temp;

Dim: Flag

Measure: Sum(NoOfFlag )

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

can you pls give sample data especially showing the scenario where the condition

(0 Place3_A + 0 Place4_C) because they were already counted with the Yes flags.

exists as its not very clear just reading your post.  also what does 1 Place1_A + 1 Place2_B + 1 Place3_C mean?

MayilVahanan

HI @zet 

Try like below

temp:
LOAD * INLINE [
Places,Type, Flag
Place1, A, No
Place1, A, No
Place2, B, No
Place2, B, No
Place3, C, No
Place3, C, No
Place3, A, Yes
Place3, A, No
Place4, C, Yes
Place4, C, No
];

Load Places&'_'&Type as Key,Flag, 1 as NoOfFlag Resident temp Where Flag = 'Yes';
Load Places&'_'&Type as Key,Flag, 1 as NoOfFlag Resident temp Where Flag = 'No' and not Exists(Key, Places&'_'&Type);

DROP Table temp;

Dim: Flag

Measure: Sum(NoOfFlag )

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
zet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response @MayilVahanan 

But I think we should add a group by somewhere because if the last line was (Place4,C,Yes) instead of (Place4,C,No) we'll have 3 Yes and 3 No wich is false.

I didn't know how to add the group by.

Could you please help !

zet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I added the group by into the expression and it works !!